From A7iii to 6D!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
13thHallow New Member • Posts: 20
From A7iii to 6D!

I’m in the process of moving from a Sony A7iii to a Canon 6D.
This move has been motivated by finances as although the Sony system is absolutely fantastic, it’s extremely expensive as an ecosystem.

I simply couldn’t justify the kit that I had (A7iii, Sony 16-35, Samyang 35 and 85 1.4, Sony 50mm1.8) especially given the limited amount of time I have to shoot.
Of course I do still love photography and I thought long and hard about what direction to go in, in terms of getting a good set up while reducing costs.

I’ve shot many systems over the years and the two that stood out alongside Sony were Fuji and Canon. Fuji while great, is also a fairly expensive system in terms of lenses, so this lead me to look at Canon.

I was actually pleasantly surprised when I looked it the prices of used Canon lenses and bodies, especially Full Frame!

I had planned on purchasing a well used 5Dmkiii but then a very good condition 6D cropped up for an excellent price (18,000 shutter count for £380!) so it is now on its way.
So I’m replacing my Sony kit with the following :

Canon 6D, 17-40mm, 85mm, and Tamron 24-70mm

The above all together has cost me less than the A7iii body!

I do know that in many ways this is a big step down. The A7iii is an amazing camera both in terms of sensor and operation.

But I have owned a 6D before and I know that while basic, it’s still a very capable little camera and can produce some fantastic images.

Canon EOS 6D Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow