Question for photo locations Torridon to Skye

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichyjV
RichyjV Senior Member • Posts: 1,018
Question for photo locations Torridon to Skye

Hi,

I'm planning a trip South to Skye and Torridon (currently located in Assynt for another month), I know the place very well as far South as Gairloch, and have been as far as Liathach (nice hike that one) but I want to do a quick 2 day stay in Skye in the next few weeks, and am intetested in photo locations.

So, I'll spend a day driving to a location probably on Skye, travelling down by Gairloch, Loch Maree, Torridon and then into the areas I don't know, I'll have a full day there, and then will drive back the next day. Obviously one day is trusting to the highland weather, so I'll pick the best forecast and go at reasonably short notice.

So my questions are best photo spots, my constraints are that I'm driving with my family and my kids are 5 and 3 years old, so won't be hiking any mountains. Locations that are 15-20 minutes walk or so away from the road perfect. I'm intetested in any locations on my route from Torridon onwards, not just Skye (e.g. is the Applecross road worth it for photos?).

My other constraint is that I'm 'accidently' on holiday without my main kit and only have a Z7 with the Nikon 14-30 f4 S lens. Now as far as 'only' goes thats not a bad hand to be dealt at all, but I've not got my beloved Zeiss 135 f2 which I love for landscapes, so for locations I can't do that much with far distance stuff.

The sort of thing I've been shooting in Assynt with the ultrawide:

Appreciate the advice, thanks!

Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow