X-T4 flipscreen = dealbreaker (for me)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
locke_fc Senior Member • Posts: 1,235
X-T4 flipscreen = dealbreaker (for me)

Yes, I know a lot of people won't care about it, but I do. Just when Fuji introduce to the two single most requested features by its user base (IBIS and better battery life), they go and add a redesign of the back screen very few people had asked for.

I have used (and still am using) the tilt-screen on my X-T2 to death. SO handy for low, overhead and top-down shots while keeping the camera's small-ish footprint and stability. And for shooting from the chest/hip while remaining unconspicuous.

Now we get that silly thing that flips out and completely ruins not just the way those shots can be achieved, but also gives the camera a larger footprint and a clumsier form-factor to hold.

After so many years waiting for IBIS, I am heartbroken, to be honest. This will for sure make me skip the X-T4 and reconsider my long-term plans with Fuji, as I don't think the old back-screen desing will come back in future iterations, and they are a long way down the road anyway.

I know Fuji won't care and and most people will think 'meh', but I just had to vent off.

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow