BostonBoy Senior Member • Posts: 1,777
Re: M10 Monochrom Interest?

bclaff wrote:

BostonBoy wrote:

bclaff wrote:

BostonBoy wrote:

Bags27 wrote:

BostonBoy wrote:

Do you know Sean Reid's discussion of base ISO on the M10M? IIRC (too lazy to check), I think he determines it at ~600 rather than 160, the latter being for him a pull. He argues that a higher base is actually advantageous....

Is this discussion actually implying the new 40 MP Chip is a dual gain design as well? That would indicate some kind of "step" in the ISO vs. Dynamic Range chart, would it not? (I'm not an expert). However, I did see Bill Claff's PhotonToPhoto Chart earlier today which indeed indicate some kind of small step at 566(?) ISO: http://photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm#FujiFilm%20GFX%20100(FF),Leica%20M10%20MONOCHROM,Leica%20M10-P

Definitely dual conversion gain with high conversion gain starting at ISO 800.

Definitely ISO 160 base ISO.

I have no idea why anyone would "determine" otherwise.

Thanks for chipping in Bill!

I don't have access to Sean Reid's article and his (wrong) conclusion seems to be running rampant.
(And I'm unable to login at fred miranda for some reason I'm trapped in a password reset loop.)

I have not read the article myself either (it was pointed out here in this thread to me) but I think your data speak for themself. Thanks for putting so much time in your sensor analysis adding to our gearhead community!

BostonBoy's gear list:BostonBoy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow