You can not really crop in Street Photography. ( yes you can....) Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
molly marsh
molly marsh Senior Member • Posts: 1,880
You can not really crop in Street Photography. ( yes you can....)

You can't really crop in Street Photography. It is a 'you can' but 'you can't' kind of thing but this is one of the instances in Street where you dont crop. Especially when there was no real reason to do it except to 'fix'. You don't fix photographs in 'Street' ..because if you have to fix them then they aren't Street( no offence meant, everyone that does Street knows about cropping. Just wanted to say ..and mean nothing by it. ..was more a message for OP)

The above is a very convoluted quote taken from a thread I first read this morning and felt at least some balance should be put into the discussion.... I am not sure that the author actually knows exactly what he is trying to say here,,, may be he does,,, will let you guys decide...

This is the original,,, apart from the fact that I have cropped my own image out as I will not have my image on the internet....

This is the cropped image, it got 16 thumbs up and a host of good comments....

very nice .. (we should all come to you for advice ) perfect.. Including this quote from the member quoted above....

Cropping is an important of all street photographers box of tricks and I have been told  that it was use in the days of film as well...

To new and in fact all members, please don't get caught up in this stupidity that there is something other than a good photo,,, or even a part of a good photo in Street Photography....Just take your photos and enjoy what you are doing....

In the 7 years I have been here too many fine photographers have been driven out from this forum by the the people that espouse/argue this is not street "" because ""....

To new members that read this post,,, as Sam recommends,,, always good to have a look at someones gallery before taking advice from them..

As my IT teacher use to say,,, without solid proof anyone can say anything on the net and get away with it....

Luv....

Molly....

-- hide signature --

Doing my best to see the entire world before I die....

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow