After the X-T4 is before the X-H2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
WhoisDoubleA Regular Member • Posts: 268
Re: After the X-T4 is before the X-H2

nostatic wrote:

I think that we could see an X-H2 with the higher-res sensor in late 2021 or early 2022 (depends on how their yields are for the sensors). Would be the same bigger body, IBIS, 12-bit video, and sell for $2099. Then the X-T5 would come out later with the same sensor, keeping the specs of the X-T4.

Or they could just abandon the X-Hx line and have the X-Tx be the halo product for hybrid use. They've increasingly leaned towards video with the X-Tx line, but there still are some features that folks might want that an X-H2 could deliver. In a shrinking market though, hard to keep multiple product lines in play. Clear to me that Fuji is going MF and APS-C, Panny is FF and u43 (they just got two more lens makers sign onto u43), Sony/Canon/Nikon going FF and APS-C, but probably putting much more resources towards FF.

Given the sales numbers, I don't see how many manufacturers can continue to make money - only the high-end stuff has reasonable margins and the low end stuff has been crushed by phones..

Can’t disagree with anything you say, but will add that it makes sense to make the H2 with what you say in mind.

I also think that it may be the point at which Fuji truly differentiates the line and limits the bodies with the 43 mp sensor. This is also in line with “only the high-end stuff has reasonable margins” observation.

WhoisDoubleA's gear list:WhoisDoubleA's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow