1DX Mark III - stuck pixels

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
superclarkey
superclarkey Regular Member • Posts: 178
1DX Mark III - stuck pixels

Wanted to hear peoples thoughts on stuck pixels on 1DX Mark III, and in general etc.

when I opened the first files I noticed 3/4 stuck pixels, one was bright red which was really obvious and was in my video feed, so instead of having a hissy fit I sent it to Canon CPS, was collected on Tuesday and back in my hands today (friday) so can’t grumble at CPS turn around time.

The bright red pixel has completely gone, and the 3 smaller pixels also went... however 2 new ones have appeared in a different place, but luckily are bright white and strangely only show up in RAW files below ISO400, which I feel is very odd, after ISO400 just switch off like a light switch... its like something is going on between ISO100 to ISO320 where they have done something to improve dynamic range (like a boost in signal) and then after ISO400 it switches off?

image boosted from ISO400 upwards act ISO invariant and matching in LR afterwards yields same results... in the lower ISO100-ISO320 when you do the same loads more artefacts are noticeable...

so coming back to the stuck pixels that magically disappear after ISO400, would you return a camera for this or except it?

i know this divides the room, but my 5D4 was clean as, and was expecting this to be a step up, I think if it was a consumer grade camera then ok, but this is meant to be professional, and its £6,500, are my expectations too high or do I ask for another copy.

I do allot of on tripod photos at ISO100 and long exposures so this effects me, I wanted a all rounder camera that could cover me at track side too.

thoughts?

superclarkey's gear list:superclarkey's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM +1 more
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
t6
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow