After the X-T4 is before the X-H2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Birdie55 Regular Member • Posts: 246
After the X-T4 is before the X-H2

After some initial misconceptions on my part about how to hold the X-H1, about the relative importance of the EV dial, the need for IBIS, and others, I finally bought not 1, but 2 X-H1 last year. I don't like changing lenses in the field. And I sold my 2 X-T1 - after having understood how to hold and use the X-H1, there was no need for the X-T1s anymore. Not because of too low MP count. Or too low AF speed. I just realized that holding and handling the X-H1 better fits my hands and my using the camera in manual exposure mode. I bought these X-H1s well knowing that they soon may be superseeded by newer cameras.

But I knew that my next camera generation would need another sensor than the one in the X-T3, with better DR, ideally with global shutter. If more MP, fine, but then I would welcome an EXR type technology as well (as in the X10, that I by the way regret having sold).

I am glad I bought the X-H1s. In hindsight, I could have waited for the X-T4. But no, that FAS is nothing for me, a deal killer, if I may say so. The sensor is unchanged. The rest, I have or do not need.

An X-H2 is not an urgent need on my part. I have said what I'd see as the important upgrade feature as a stills shooter, mostly landscape and cityscape, being a new, improved sensor for that type of shooting.

And I'd love to see Fujifilm come out with the X-H2 with the form factor of the GFX 100.

Any views and thoughts? Or is this too premature?

Birdie

Birdie55's gear list:Birdie55's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow