EOS R vs Samsung s20 ultra+

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RDM5546 Regular Member • Posts: 311
EOS R vs Samsung s20 ultra+

I have EOS R and it is bulky some times when I am going out. I have an old cellphone but I have been thinking of upgrading for a better smartphone camera to the new Samsung S20 Ultra+ with the 108mp Samung sensor along with a time of flight sensor. It is appears to be interesting to me from a few of the first pictures on the web I was able to see and actually download.

I would never use this for many of the uses that my EOS R is used for and the 100X zoom it offers makes for pretty poor images in the higher zoom factors. I would would like to know what you think of this smartphone photo from the camera that I downloaded!  However, it is much smaller, lighter and more compact than my EOS R with a lens and flash.

Is this the future of much of photography?  Even though the ergonomics when taking serious pictures is poor I think I would use it more than my current camera.  It definited does not threaten my future purchases of an EOS R5 and the RF 100-500mm lens.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +29 more
Ricoh Caplio R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow