Perhaps the lens is sharper than we thought??

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 19,944
Re: Perhaps the lens is sharper than we thought??

Dak on cam wrote:

ANAYV wrote:

Speaking of the FZ80....I'm now wondering if the lens isn't the weakest link in this feature rich, but I.Q. limited camera?

Here's two images taken more recently...the first yesterday , second from last month, both shooting RAW and using DXO PhotoLabs 2 with PRIME NR:

Notice the really slow for 1200mm shutter speed (1/60th). Most images came out blurry in the last hour of light.

It's also underexposed by quite a bit.

As always , handheld.

I think there's plenty of details in these images...so perhaps the sensor is really the main issue with this camera.

O.I.S. might also , at times give blurry images.

Then again , at 1200mm...nothing comes close in the Panasonic family to reach this range.

FZ200/300 , of course has better I.Q. but at only half the reach at the telephoto end (600mm vs. 1200mm) . So not a camera in the same league, zoom-wise.

The Canon SX70...Nikon P610/B700 are the real competitors..and now the P950 seems to be the super duper far away subjects zoom camera to get.

thought?

comments?

How is one supposed to judge image sharpness and detail with pictures reduced to perhaps 2MP?

I seem to be , as others are.

Can you see difference in these two ?

But OK.

Here's the first image from OP,  full size:

ANAYV

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow