How to have photo taken via trigger from 10-pin remote terminal transfer to computer via USB?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
plantguy123 New Member • Posts: 1
How to have photo taken via trigger from 10-pin remote terminal transfer to computer via USB?

I am designing the set-up for a three month timelapse and want it to be as reliable as possible given the stakes. I have a D800 being triggered by the Nikon banana plug cable connected to the 10-pin remote terminal. The banana plug cable is connected to a relay that is plugged into a scriptable power bar so that I can control the camera in sync with lights and watering devices for capturing plant growth. The relay basically connects the banana plug cables when it itself is turned on from the power bar, thus triggering a shutter release.

Is there any way to use this set-up for triggering the camera, but have the photos be transferred automatically to the computer over USB? It seems like the banana plug cable disables other functionality on the camera - as in, when it's plugged in I can't control the camera with the buttons, and the USB doesn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas for how to have photos triggered by the 10-pin remote terminal transfer to a computer via USB automatically? I like this set-up because then you get to see the photos instantly, and then if the computer crashes you have the flash cards as a fall-back. Also, touching the camera during the shoot to remove flash cards raises the risk of camera jitter as this is macro photography and small movements are noticeable.

Thanks!

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow