ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
miggyyy New Member • Posts: 6
Choosing camera mainly for travel and portraits

So I'm looking for a system to buy into and mainly considering MFT and Fuji

I've drawn up a pros for both systems that I personally value:

MFT: IBIS; high res shot for Olympus bodies; handling/ergonomics looks better

Fuji: Bigger sensor = better in low light and the supposed Fuji "jpeg color"

My budget for camera and lens are roughly 2k but I'm flexible. Really I would just get a fast replacement kit and a prime for portrait.

My use case and goal is to take this kit to travel. I love love love portraits and I want to make prints in books and to frame. Also starting a family soon so I want to take amazing baby photos lol.

I value image quality, sharpness, ease of use, size, a bit of lowlight, I just feel like I'm naming everything now. I guess basically what I'm asking is which system between the 2 offers more compelling features and a more solid system going forward.

Also going to help be a backup wedding shooter for a friend in June but I'm sure both systems are capable as I'm only there to capture another angle besides the main professional photographer.

The specific cameras that interests me right now are the em5 iii, em1ii, em1iii, xt3. I kind of like the xt30 as well but I like the weathersealing.

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow