Dust/debris inside RX100 VII lens - any cure?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,724
Dust/debris inside RX100 VII lens - any cure?

I enjoy my RX100 VII.  The extra reach of the VII lens over the V I used before is helpful in the field and the slower lens speed isn't a problem because I use it outdoors most of the time and I have specialized lenses for other cameras for low light situations.

I carry it, uncased, in my hunting vest pocket, where it gets literally covered with dust and debris.  I can't get the quick shots I need to get if it's in a case.  It's just a tool to me and I figure that if it gets wrecked, I can replace it.

That said, I wasn't expecting the dust and/or tiny brown leaf debris to make its way into the lens itself.  So far, this doesn't seem to impact IQ, but if anyone has a suggestion as to how to clean that stuff out of the lens, I'd be appreciative.

Thanks!

Greg

PS:  Since this is a photography forum, here is a gratuitous photo of Bliss on point, taken this week with the lens in full tele mode - certainly seems sharp enough, despite the dirt in the lens:

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow