Capture 1 Pro 20 import, delete and export question

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,710
Capture 1 Pro 20 import, delete and export question

IMPORT:

Please could someone advise the best way to import into Capture 1 Pro 20? I'm a very new user.

I'm using Windows 10 and store my RAW files on the D Drive under My Pictures>2020>2020-02-22 Northumberland as an example of the hierarchy.

If I use Capture 1 Pro 20 Import From and choose folder I am going all the way through the hierarchy from the source drive (ideally F: with the USB card reader with the SD card in) and then Import To and work my way through the file hierarchy above.  I don't see a way of creating a new folder from within Capture 1 Pro so am creating an empty folder  via Windows first.

Is there a more efficient way please?

Even having done all the above, when I get to the Library, I'm missing the year (2020 in the above example) part of the hierarchy so have to do a lot of scrolling as initially I imported a LR catalogue going back to June 2002!

Having said the above, I am liking Capture One in other respects.

DELETE:

When sorting through the images and deleting non keepers, is it purely a matter of going through and pressing Ctrl + Del? I haven't tried this yet but does it delete the whole image completely from Windows? I do have a copy of Fast Raw Viewer but the image colours seem wrong (possibly picking up a lurid Windows colour profile or something) so I don't want to use this for sorting non keepers until I work out what the problem is. In any case if I can do it all from within Capture One that would be much better. I don't take hundreds or thousands of images on one go (150 images maximum).

EXPORT:

If using Capture One as the desktop processor, what's the best way to get the processed image to Instagram please? I'm exporting to a folder, then emailimng that to myself to get on an iPhone and posting from there.

Thanks for any advice.

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow