Tracking with the EM-1 Mark 3 vs. EM-1 Mark 2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adjuster Senior Member • Posts: 1,006
Tracking with the EM-1 Mark 3 vs. EM-1 Mark 2

I just picked up a new Mark 3 and decided to compare the tracking function with my old Mark 2 because the Mark 3 is supposed to track better in low light. The Mark 3 appears to be better, which is good because that in a major reason I wanted the Mark 3. Since I was not happy with tracking on the Mark 2, I thought I'd ask folks like you if my technique is okay.

I set up the Super Control panel to C-AF + Track on both cameras. Both lenses set to 25mm (one is a 25mm Pro Prime and the other the 12-100 zoom). My office is now dark, I picked out a white object, pressed the AEL button to bring our the green square over an object, and moved the camera from side to side. With both cameras, most of the time the square stayed over the object. Sometimes the square did not stay on the object, but the Mark 3 seems to stay closer to the object than the Mark 2.

Am I doing this the right way? Is there a better test? Do others get the same result?

Adjuster's gear list:Adjuster's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow