Eight years on and D4 sensor is still matching the best

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ImageAmateur Veteran Member • Posts: 4,964
Re: Eight years on and D4 sensor is still matching the best

chipmaster wrote:

ImageAmateur wrote:

Mister Anders0n wrote:

Just goes to show that sensor tech has basically peaked. Every new camera that comes out nowadays looks just about the same as ones that have been out for years. It's no wonder the market it suffering. People have gear that's more than sufficient. There's not really a meaningful reason to "upgrade", especially if someone is only interested in better IQ.

Fair reasoning. Only reason to upgrade is really for more megapixels, which some want/ need. But the fast cameras have not ventured past 21 or so megapixels.

The focusing seems to have had a lot of input recently , but my D4 is very accurate already.

I recalled some of my best and most challenging shots were with the D4, the D5 was a nice upgrade both focus and a few pixels too, but D5, D4, and Df and a D810 just when I want a quiet and high Meg.

Hard to believe what one can get on the used market these day, so gluttonous, LOL

I know, a D4 for under USD1,600???????? Remember when it was hard to get a good used D700 for USD2,000?

I saw an EX+ D7200 at KEH online for USD600 and something. Thought, wow. A superb APS-C body for that??… Was tempted and could surely use it, but do not NEED to spend that now, plus I live outside USA, so bit of a humbug with shipping etc. but...

Truth is, I have kind of also wanted a Pentax K3 for fun. Liked it and always wanted to try (cut my teeth early on a K1000, so some sentimentality too). But it seems it is easier to get a great used Nikon APS-C for cheap than a Pentax, go figure.

Enjoy and thanks for commenting.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

ImageAmateur's gear list:ImageAmateur's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Phase One Capture One Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow