New PC, Time for workflow change?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jake14mw Contributing Member • Posts: 810
New PC, Time for workflow change?

Hi all,

I was a longtime Pentax user.  Recently converted over to Sony. I have an A6000 and a A7iii.  I have been a longtime user and lover of Picasa on my old machine.  I love it for organizing and viewing photos.  Everyone in the family would use it to look at photos.  I use Photoshop Elements 15 for editing, and sometimes use Portrait Professional for Portrait editing.  With my Pentax, I always plugged into the PC via cord to offload photos, loading everything under a folder called YYYY-MM-DD DescriptiveName.

I just ordered a new PC.  It has an SSD, and I'm ordering a 2TB HDD to hold my most recent photos.  I also have a 4TB external HDD to archive the older stuff to.  I'm thinking now is the time to change up my workflow/editing.  I know Picasa is no longer supported.  I am thinking of going the Adobe subscription route for editing.  Any suggestions on a Picasa replacement for organizing/viewing?  Or should I just use Lightroom for that?  The new PC does not have a slot for an SD card.  Suggestions on a USB SD reader?  Just looking for any ideas regarding changing my flow with the new machine coming.  Thanks!

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow