Advantages of a FF ??

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eulan13 Forum Member • Posts: 72
Advantages of a FF ??

I apologize for coming with a question more related to equivalence than the Fujifilm X system, but I have been sometimes tempted to switch from my Fujifilm cameras and lenses (that I love) to a full frame system, but I am still doubtful about possible REAL advantages. Let me say what is my opinion, and please correct me when I am wrong.

Say that I am willing to take pictures in a dark concert environment. I am using a Fujifilm X-H1 with a 35mm lens, and I need a minimum depth of field ,so my choice will be, say:

SS: 1/90 f. 2,0 Iso 3200.

To obtain an equivalent result on a FF, if I am not wrong, I should use a full frame camera (24Mpixels) but the settings would be:

SS: 1/90 f. 2.8 iso 6400.

In this case I will obtain same speed, same DOF and, presumably, a similar Iso noise result (as far as I can see from the DPR sample images the noise is equivalent between a FF and a good APS-C, given same resolution and 1stop of difference).

If what I have assumed above is correct, what is the real advantage of a FF nowadays?

Thanks for your comments.

Eulan13's gear list:Eulan13's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow