First Time with FF.....

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoholiko Senior Member • Posts: 2,669
First Time with FF.....

After receiving my first FF camera (Sony A7II ) I took it out the next day for trials. I had the Sony 28-70 kit and the Canon 28-135 with a AF adapter.

With the Sony lens the AF was amazingly fast, with the Canon lens and adapter it wasn't as slow as I anticipated, in fact it wasn't bad at all, and I don't have an expensive adapter. Mind you the subjects were stationary, with both lenses the results were mixed, I think the reason for soft pictures was that I had set the 28-70 to A @ f5.6 and would have more keepers with a S @ 1/500 setting since the birds weren't completely still.

I found the A7II to be a solid high quality camera, I didn't go beyond testing the AF but I will now start familiarizing myself with the  setting and features. I have a feeling thhis will be the best camera I have ever owned, I have attached some samples.

Thanks fro looking.

The following are with the Sony 28-70 kit.

The following are with the Canon 28-135 and adapter.

The next one is with the Sony 28-70 through a dirty window.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Canon EOS 20D +32 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow