Bokeh in Tamron 28-75 f2.8 vs Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gruyo
Gruyo Forum Member • Posts: 73
Bokeh in Tamron 28-75 f2.8 vs Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4

Does anybody have some samples of a direct comparison between Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4 and Tamron 28-75 f2.8, regarding bokeh?

Reviews usually compare Tamron to Sony 24-70 f/2.8, but Sony's GM is too expensive, too large and too heavy for my preference.

I am planning to buy an affordable travel zoom lens for A7III and was willing to lose the 4mm at the wide end to get some "reasonable" background blur at telephoto and a bit more light. I am not looking for "85mm f0.95 prime" level of bokeh quality, but still don't want the bokeh to be distracting.

From the online samples I find the Tamron to be rather harsh at telephoto (sharp onion rings and weird artefacts which direct my attention more towards the background that to the actual focused subject). So before getting back to 24-70 f4, I'd like to check if perhaps f4 Zeiss provides less distracting bokeh in similar scenes as Tamron?

Gruyo's gear list:Gruyo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Fujifilm X-T30 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow