Selling my GH5 to buy a GX9, am I missing anything?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Robodelfy Regular Member • Posts: 244
Selling my GH5 to buy a GX9, am I missing anything?

Hi

I have had a GH5 for some time and got a BMPCC4k a while back. As I do mostly video work, the GH5 now doesn't get used...ever! So I thought I'd sell it before the GH6 comes out and it loses value (how much value would a camera typically lose in this situation?)

I need something for photography still, and I want a 20mp camera as I used to have the G85 but I found the extra MP on the GH5 very useful for cropping. I also felt the quality was better

Will the GX9 offer basically identical image quality to the GH5, possibly better as its so much newer? Am I going to miss anything considering its mainly for photos?

I'm also aware the GX10 will come out at some point, at which point I'm guessing the GX9 price will drop a fair bit, so maybe worth waiting for that

Should I consider anything other 20MP MFT cameras? I have mostly Panasonic lenses, so I guess I should stick with Panasonic for dual IS?

Thanks very much in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic G85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Samsung GX-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow