Would you buy a 5Dmkiii with an 80,000 shutter count?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
13thHallow New Member • Posts: 14
Would you buy a 5Dmkiii with an 80,000 shutter count?

I am in the process of moving from Sony mirrorless to a Canon DSLR set up.

This is primarily being done for financial reasons, the Sony set up (A7iii and various lenses) is fantastic, but at the moment I simply can’t justify so much money tied up in kit. Also the Sony ecosystem is expensive and I can’t see myself having the money to buy into it fir the foreseeable future.

Canon bodies and lenses are extremely good value in the used market and I could get a body and several lenses for the price of my Sony body alone!

I do want to stay FF though ( I am an enthusiastic amateur) and of all the systems I’ve shot ( and there’s been a few!) Canon (and Fuji) were my favourites before the Sony. With this is mind the bodies I am looking are either a used 6D or 5Dmkiii.

I’ve used both and while the 6D is great, obviously the 5Dmkiii has certain advantages. However to get a 5Dmkiii and come within budget the only ones I could afford would be ‘well used’!

I don’t mind wear and tear but any I’ve seen have shutter counts of around 80-90 thousand. I know the shutter is rated to 150,000 so is it a good idea to get a more heavily used camera than I usually would?

Or should I aim for a 6D with lower shots? I know the 6D is still a very capable camera but the AF in particular is a bit lacking compared to the MKiii

Any advice is much appreciated

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow