Siesta Key with the 70-350/A6400

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gkstar Contributing Member • Posts: 512
Siesta Key with the 70-350/A6400

This was a nice break from the Winter up North... There were lots of fast  and not so fast  moving subjects that allowed me to test the combo. We stayed two nights there and while the first late afternoon was warm and quiet, the second was quite windy.

I was pleasantly surprised with how effortlessly this combo nailed the subjects - they were easily separated from the background, focus was fast and precise - with single shots or bursts. Keeper rates were around 80-90%. Fool proof system comes to mind.  Contrast and sharpness were consistently good. Most pictures below were taken at 350mm, OOC jpegs with some cropping.  I had to lift shadows sometimes as I was shooting against the late afternoon sun.

It is amazing how much one can do with this longer reach package that has total weight of 1030g.

These buggers are running like crazy all the time, so I went overboard with speed to get them still, looks OK despite the higher ISO.

Could not believe my eyes -what a little opportunistic scavenger.

Let's call it a day....

Flying under the radar - foot or so above ground.

This one is a crop from my 16-55 2.8

gkstar's gear list:gkstar's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow