Suggestions for ~ $2000 Full Frame for Concerts/Events

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
24thWanderer
24thWanderer Regular Member • Posts: 201
Suggestions for ~ $2000 Full Frame for Concerts/Events

Hello all,

I've been using crop sensors exclusively for a while and I still plan on keeping my G85 as a backup and a video tool. But I'm looking toward a full frame body for the use of concerts and events. I shoot in a lot of low light and dynamic lighting scenarios. I've been able to handle these scenarios using crop sensors. But I'm getting to the point where I just want more latitude in challenging lighting scenarios. The difference in IQ for me in scenarios where there's ample lighting, is negligible to me. But in some concert settings, there's a big difference. With my G85, I start to really notice the noise around 1250+. I can recall on APS-C sensors being able to shoot around 3200 without worrying about it too much.

I'm not here to debate M4/3s vs FF. They're all great and do different things. I love my G85 especially.  But, I know that for a lot of the work I do, there are better tools. As I continue to grow as a photographer, it's only natural to want to pine after those better tools. I've been shooting concerts for about 3 years; all with crop sensors. I'm happy with my growth despite the limitations I set on myself. I now want to see what I can do with a full frame. Of course, I have to save for it first lol.

So I'm looking for suggestions for a camera around my price range ($2000 USD) that will be a good leap forward. Good low light performance and great AF performance are the most important things to me. If you have any questions that might help you, feel free to ask. Thanks!

24thWanderer's gear list:24thWanderer's gear list
Nikon D600 Panasonic G85 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow