Canon M50 Flash Bounce/Diffuser issue?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DanMumford New Member • Posts: 1
Canon M50 Flash Bounce/Diffuser issue?

lightscoop

Hey, I recently upgraded to an M50 from my Canon 50D which I had since release, I have a "lightscoop" which I would occasionally use indoors, it's basically a little flash bounce device that uses a mirror in front of the built in flash to throw the light upwards...

This worked great with my 50D, but I have a few issues with the new M50, firstly if I push it all the way in to the hot shoe it seems to stop the flash from firing altogether, I assume there must be a little button it pushes when it's clipped in?

I can kinda workaround this by just resting the lightscoop halfway in to the hot shoe...but then when the flash fires it only seem to light up half of the shot, half will be overexposed and half will be sort of in shadow/unlit...

I know there's an extra menu for flash sync modes but I'm not really sure what I would need to change, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Dan!

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow