Vlog/Photography Setup

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ShaggyRS6 Regular Member • Posts: 107
Vlog/Photography Setup

Hi guys. Trying to give you some background here first so please bare with me. I have got back into Reef Keeping and started an Instagram feed that’s becoming pretty popular. I have no started tinkering in YouTube vlogs, I’m never gonna be a Casey, but it makes me happy!

I have a range of camera equipment including a Nikon D800, 7100 and a old Sony RX100 MK1. The D800 is great for my fish tank photography but is starting to get outdated. I don’t really use the D7100 any longer and the RX100 is just old.

For my YouTube vlogs I got an GoPro Hero 8, and while it does have a place in my YouTube Vlog world it’s really not giving me what I need in terms of control ability , audio etc.

One problem I have is that I am invested in Nikon, so I have a bunch of lenses etc. now I am up for changing brands but don’t want to loose the types of pictures I can get with the D800, but that does not give me good video quality in a form factor that’s manageable.

long story short I don’t know if to keep the D800 and get something like the Sony A6400, whatever the latest version is. Or get the Sony A7iii which might do everything? And then just sell everything I have .

what would you do? My heart says get the A6000 with a 24-50 F2.8 Lens. But I don’t know enough about cameras these days to make an informed decision.

I guess one question I do have is, how is the image quality of the A6400, Vs my D800 apart from the fact it’s not full frame.

Canon PowerShot A640 Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon D7200 Nikon D800 Sony a6000 Sony a7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow