Updating Firmware on my DP2m

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Ceistinne Senior Member • Posts: 2,360
Re: Updating Firmware on my DP2m

Juss4Phun wrote:

Hello all,

I am new to posting on this site, but I am hitting a wall with respect to feedback from Sigma. I recently purchased a rather well maintained dp2m from eBay. When I received the camera, I noticed that it has never been updated from firmware 1.00. I went about downloading the latest (v1.05, I think?) from Sigma's website, copied it to the root directory of my SDXC media card, and placed it into my camera. The camera does not recognize the firmware on the card. I think that I may need to first update to an older firmware release, but I cannot find any working links to older firmware.

Please help if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

You do not need to install any other Firmware before installing Ver 1.05 as the in between ones are contained in it.

1.05 includes two updates as follows: This firmware update requires two files; DP2M_105.bin and DP2MV105.bin.  Download both of them to the root directory of a freshly formatted SDxx card. Important Do not put them into DCIM or the camera will not see them.  If that does not work try a SDHC card instead.

S

Ceistinne's gear list:Ceistinne's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow