P1000 - Off to the vet

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Augustin Man
Augustin Man Veteran Member • Posts: 9,977
P1000 - Off to the vet

It came the time for the Motto yearly vaccination; a tense adventure, during which I always remembered the homonymous cartoon of Simon's Cat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTUruS-lnEo

To begin with, there is absolutely no way to put Motto in the cage; it has to be lured to enter the cage himself To that purpose I took the cage from the cellar three days before, put it in the hall and everytime he went by, I threw in it a piece of smoked chicken breast; Motto was fascinated by that new play and once jump into the cage so impetuously, the door closed after him (!), but I quick opened it and he didn't realize the "danger".

Thus in the fatidical morning there was no problem to lock him in the cage, but then the well-known havoc started: he banged to the door, meowing now aggressively ("I'll get out of this and kill you all!"), now desperately ("I think my life is finished now!").

My wife drove us to the vet (a nice lady, not unlike that within the Simon's cartoon) and I sat on the back seat with the cage, trying to comfort Motto, that looked morosely to me.

After arriving, I took him from the scruff of the neck and the vet put him in the feline strait jacket, knowing his awful reputation. The two shots, the antiparasitic pill and the ear examination (OK, they were clean) took no more then three minutes and after that followed the general relief.

Motto has an outstanding quality of immediately forgetting such events.

However I told the vet I'd have preferred to vaccinate me, instead of Motto

And here is our vaccinated "hero":

Motto in his bed in the hall.

Thank you for taking your time,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000
Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow