New OMD EM1 MKIII - And then the counter move?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VideoPic
VideoPic Senior Member • Posts: 1,931
New OMD EM1 MKIII - And then the counter move?

I cannot help to think TIMING, TIMING, TIMING....

17 October 2019 - Olympus announce the new EM5 MKIII

9 November 2019 - Rumor - Olympus Imaging business to close in 8 months

Fast forward....

12 February 2020 - Olympus announce the new EM1 MKIII + 12-45mm PRO Lens

13 February 2020 - Rumor - Same week Canon R5 (IBIS, 45MP, 8K, Dual cards - Ouch)

One of the oldest counter marketing moves in the book is to launch a cover story to steal the news cycle - practical example: Olympus announce = start a new rumor....?

Then we have this..... Why, because thinking photographers ask questions....

I think we all OK with incremental improvements from one model to the next, but when reviewers say the A7 III is as good as the specialized low-light A7S II, then I like to know why? Think about this, the A7 III goes against everything full frame advocates have been telling us. Here we have two 24MP full frame cameras with completely different results and even worse, a small pixel diameter A7 III (24MP) camera are performing as good as a large pixel diameter A7S II (12MP) camera.

Which manufacturer do you think spend the most on social media (incl forums)? My bet is on Canon - seem they losing the most as we speak.....

-- hide signature --

Olympus Mirrorless Cameras are proven to be the most balanced Camera offer....
https://myolympusomd.blogspot.com/
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_enthusiast/

VideoPic's gear list:VideoPic's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +4 more
Olympus E-M1 Ricoh Caplio R5 Sony a7 III Sony a7S II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow