RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM and RF extenders

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
stevvi Regular Member • Posts: 172
Re: RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM and RF extenders

BirdShooter7 wrote:

No I understood perfectly, if I have to eat up the better sensor performance with a slower lens then I’m not any better off than I was with the 100-400 mk2 with its faster aperture and the older worse performing sensor.

At 500mm you would be 1/3 stop better off than at 400mm with the "old setup". Assuming all other things equal you'd also get better performance compared the old setup throughout the range of the lens.

Again, this perfectly illustrates my point. We are talking about a theoretical/hypothetical situation here as no-one has any facts or details to back any of it up. This may, or may not have, any relevance to the real world so I'm not too sure why people seem to be getting worked up about it all and don't just wait until some proper details are released by Canon.

stevvi's gear list:stevvi's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow