First Day with 1DXMKIII - Observations Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,520
First Day with 1DXMKIII - Observations

1.  Having 600 EXRT II issues with MKIII I can't replicate on my 1DX or MKII will reset everything and try again.  These are WB issues not allowing flash exposure setting to kick in.

2.  Tried high ISO exposures from 800 on up and so far the MKII has less noise. Also getting better color rendition in low light with 11 vs 111

3. Using  24-70 f/4 it's not focusing right on MKIII but ok on 1DX and MKIII. So far 2.8 70-200 II, 2.8 300mm II and 1.2 85mm working fine.  Will test 50mm, 400mm and 35mm next round.

4. Menu differences obvious and able to emulate pretty well what works well on I and II on three.  Glad to see Cases were refined.

5. Screen sensitive, need to disable when using OVF

6. Focus points very hard to see even when bright.

7. Switching from M to AV to P to TV so difficult to see

Tomorrow big test shooting some really fast moving objects with the 2.8 300 II and 400 II

If you're a video shooter this camera is packed with new features. I 've never used video on my 1's or II''s but this camera seems to be 100% with more going on there.

Can't wait to see what it does with sports and if it's a vast improvement over my kitesurfing shots with the MKII.

Wondering now if expecting a visible difference in IQ for stills was realistic.

If it were a flag..... 

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +23 more
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
t6
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow