Nikon D780 card error???

Started Feb 19, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JS photo
JS photo New Member • Posts: 23
Nikon D780 card error???

Hi Everyone,

I shoot around 40 weddings a year using the d850 & d750 paired with different sigma art series lenses.

I recently purchased the Nikon d780 and shot my first wedding with it on the weekend. I bought brand new Lexar 2000x cards, a 128g for my Raw card slot and a 64g for my JPEG slot.

i had TWO card errors at the wedding within an hour on my new camera. I live in Canada and we were shooting heavily outside for that hour but this feels crazy to me. I’ve had one card error before on the d750 but two on the same day??? I feel like there is probably an issue with the camera...which makes me incredibly sad because I’ve been waiting for an upgrade to the d750 for a while. I love the d850 but personally feel it is too much camera for wedding photography. The d780 was so perfect but this has put a bad taste in mouth..

i was out side and not near my camera bag when the errors happened. I would’ve normally changed cards right away after seeing a card error but I had no choice.

I didn’t lose any raw files but I did lose 6 jpeg files.

After I got back to my bag and switched to a different set of Toshiba cards I didn’t get any more errors..

I formatted the lexar cards before using them etc.

if anyone has any insight, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m hoping it was maybe the new cards and not the camera?

Cheers,

J

JS photo's gear list:JS photo's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +2 more
Nikon D750 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow