My first in-the-field use of the A6600 and 70-350 lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nopix
nopix Senior Member • Posts: 1,694
My first in-the-field use of the A6600 and 70-350 lens

Today I went to the rookery at the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine to give the A6600 and 70-350 an in-the-field test. The weather at first was heavily overcast and foggy but, I was here and decided to make the best of it. Later on the fog burned off and there was a few touches of bluish sky and clouds.

I used much the same settings as on my A6500 but with the following: AFC, Zone AF area with tracking changing to wide area with tracking later on. My impression is that the tracking worked well. I changed ISO throughout the day and the exposure compensation as the clouds came and went. For now I am quite satisfied with both the camera and the lens. In a few days I will travel down to Merritt Island where I will be using the A6600 with the 100-400 both with and without 1.4X Tc.

The exif information should be intact.

I shot in raw, processed with D XO Photolab 3 on a Microsoft Surface Pro. Most have been cropped.

nopix's gear list:nopix's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III Nikon 1 V2 Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 +18 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow