Reviewers - Some get m4/3 some don't.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
neverendinglight Regular Member • Posts: 490
Re: Reviewers - Some get m4/3 some don't.

Skeeterbytes wrote:

So very much digital ink invested in "things that this thing do better than m4/3" adroitly sidestep the small miracle that m4/3 is in the mix at all.

Had I started with zero gear and picked a system solely to shoot my kid's sports I doubt I would it would have been m4/3. Today was my girl's final home HS soccer match and I was there with my pair of Pro teles and two E-M1iis. The only other dad shooting had a drool-worthy a9 and 400/2.8. He mentioned being chuffed at finally catching a header just right-with the player facing him and the ball on the head at the jump apex. If you've tried, you know how hard this is. Kudos.

Have I caught an equivalent [heh] moment with my kit? Yes, but it's aboslutely rare. Do my shots give the subject separation given by a 400/2.8? Not a chance. But they're still wonderful slices of life, well captured.

So, why not go the a9 G-Master route?

Y'all know the rest.

Love the gear you have. If you fall out of love, look elsewhere.

Cheers,

Rick

What a balanced and measured comment. What is wrong with you? 

neverendinglight's gear list:neverendinglight's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow