X100F in Israel

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ISQ1993
ISQ1993 Forum Member • Posts: 86
X100F in Israel

Hi all,

With all the hype surrounding the X100V (which I'd love to acquire but lacking £££ to do so...), I thought I'd make a point of taking only my X100F to Israel for a brief trip, taking in the sights of Tel Aviv for a day and a half and then having a full day in Jerusalem (which was amazing, to be honest).

Observations of the X100F, having not used it much for the last couple of months (partially out of fatigue and partially because I've been using my XT1 a bit more with manual lenses):

Pros

• The autofocus really is quite good. Any missed focus is solely on my part.
  • High ISO performance is stellar.
  • Acros is awesome.
  • The viewfinder is significantly smaller than the XT1, but I only really seem to notice this when I've been using the XT1 before the X100F.
  • For street photography, the X100F is super stealthy and the leaf shutter silence is delightful in sensitive circumstances (ie. taking photos at the western wall where people are deep in prayer)
  • The compact size of the X100F is remarkable for its capabilities, and I love being able to pocket it for an evening without worrying about it.
  • There is more than enough resolution to crop without worrying about degradation.
  • Battery life is excellent. I managed to get about 700 shots on one battery (turning the camera off when not using regularly, which sounds painful but it soon becomes habit). 

Cons

• I find the camera in bright sunshine has a tendency to underexpose slightly, which I can correct in post but is a little frustrating.
  • Lens softness at f2, but whatever. 

Whilst I'm sure everyone that owns an X100F knows the above and whilst I know I am not providing any new information, I just thought I'd set out why I've fallen back in love with the camera and why I'm not really that fussed about not being able to upgrade to X100V.

Here are some pics from the trip, let me know what you think:

-- hide signature --

Instagram: isaac.a.q
Personal site: isaacqureshi.com

ISQ1993's gear list:ISQ1993's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow