Hasselblad bayonet filter on screw-in filter thread?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
foetoefirsty New Member • Posts: 1
Hasselblad bayonet filter on screw-in filter thread?

As this is my first post on dpreview, let me start by thanking all you passionate people out there, sharing your experience, insight and opinion.
It has been very helpful - and sometimes confusing, I admit - for a latecomer newbie like me, who's trying to pick up a few hints on how to snap what I see.

I recently purchased the Nikon Z 85mm S for portraits, which is very sharp, and thought it would be nice to soften the image a bit. Doing some research online, a lot of people are fans of the retired Carl Zeiss Softar (physical) filters, so I went ahead and got a set of preowned filters, for the fun of it. Perhaps a rash decision, probably the Nikon soft focus filter would be the right thing for a happy learner (and DXO Photolab does a decent job of softening as well).

Anyway, much to my surprise the filters were using Bayonet style fixing, originally intended for Hasselblad. Which proved to be a bit difficult, given Nikon's choice not to mimic a good selection of Hasselblad lenses...

The question: Does anyone know of a good solution for mounting these 77mm Bayonet style filters on a 67mm or 77mm screw-in filter thread? (77mm->67mm would probably also require a step-down ring)

Adapters for the other way around - mounting screw-in filters on a bayonet style lens - seem to exist (which makes sense, given the wide availability and use of screw-in filters).
Perhaps a 3D blueprint for 3D printing of the required adapter for bayonet->screw-in?

foetoefirsty's gear list:foetoefirsty's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow