Cheap, Manual Compact Camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ms visual New Member • Posts: 3
Cheap, Manual Compact Camera

So I'm digging myself deeper and deeper in the world of analog photography, and I'm at a point now where the cameras are not equippet with light meters anymore.

Honestly, the app on my phone works too good to justify buying a light meter. But what I often found myself doing, is taking a picture with my digital camera, checking the exposure there and simply using the same settings on my film camera.

Well so far to my questionable reasoning for what's about to come:
It would be nice to have something small and easy to carry to basically do the same thing. Now my phone straight up sucks, so that's out of the question (seriously, no apps that let me do long exposures). Also adjusting Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO can be a bit fiddely. Even more annoying is to set these on my old compact, you have to dig through menues and one button basicly sets all those settings, so it takes forever.

So, is there a compact camera, that allows you to set everything up manually, but hasn't everything hidden in menues or lets you use one button for all? So basically an DSLR workflow on a compact camera...

Keep in mind that I absolutly dont give a flying f... about the image quality, ISO performance, etc. Not even dynamic range, I just need to know how many stops of overexposure on the digital sensor are so much it will result in serious overexposure on film.

Well... does anybody have any ideas?

ms visual's gear list:ms visual's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow