RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM and RF extenders

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Erwann Loison Regular Member • Posts: 319
Re: $2299

I'm perplexed by how much some people are trying to prove this lens to be a good news. It's nothing I've ever seen requested or wished by the users. It's slower and probably going to be more expensive than the tradeoff people wanted (something along the lines of a 200-500/5.6L or 200-600/6.3 non-L).

The only people I see satisfied with such lens are dads not knowing much about what f/7.1 will translate to in actual use.

I understand that it's better attitude to see the glass half full than half empty, but this lens is not even close to half full ?

I would rather keep my 400/5.6 or the 100-400 II if I had it than "upgrading" to this lens. It doesn't inspire me much confidence that the R system will provide a balanced set of bodies/lenses for the people between entry level and full steam pro. I'm not upgrading anything anytime soon anyway so there will be time to wait and see but I see that move as very Canon-way and I don't like it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow