My D810/50 ART files seem better than my A7R3/50 ART files (not a brand war!)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crashwins Contributing Member • Posts: 666
My D810/50 ART files seem better than my A7R3/50 ART files (not a brand war!)

I shot with the D810 and 50 ART for a few years. It was an amazing combo. I sold it and grabbed a Sony because -- maybe foolishly, it remains to be seen -- I was marching to the drum of mirrorless. Undeniably, the eye-AF makes shooting people easier and *somtimes* more accurate for me, but not quite a dealbreaker (I do mostly lifestyle and people branding work and some headshots -- landscapes are for fun). But in using the R3 and the E-mount ART 50 I'm finding the color and files not quite as nice...It's hard to pinpoint. Skintones can look like irradiated (reddish, blotchy). It's a sharp copy, no doubt, but the colors are trickier in the files and the tonality of the image (I know that's a trigger word for people hahaha) is also different. Does anyone have this kind of experience in the Nikon camp after playing with Sony. It's making me want to dump the system and grab a D850 (now that it's cheaper) and the ART 50. Thanks for reading!

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow