Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,573
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

sportyaccordy wrote:

HFLM wrote:

MAC wrote:

8K - if one can efficiently extract the decisive moment --- it will be what folks have been waiting for - the merge of video into stills

Generally, the degradation of skill in photographers will become more evident with computational photography etc. becoming more and more important. This is just another of such quotes confirming that. With time photography will become boring when everything is accounted for by the algorithms.

Algorithms will allow great photographers to do more and be more creative, just as literally every photographic tech before has.

Photography is still about vision. Something that allows you more easily or reliably capture your vision is a good thing.

This tech (things like being able to capture lossless 45MP RAWs at 30 FPS with global shutter) will also allow a lot of people with no vision to take a bunch of photos and find something decent by accident. That annoys me a bit, but it's probably a good thing, too.

I still don't know that I, personally, would enjoy photography with devices like this. I already lean more towards old digital cameras (went out shooting recently with a 1995 Kodak 6MP), and film. Nobody's forcing anyone to upgrade, though.

What I am pretty sure about is that this forum will be even more annoying as we have people complaining about AI that didn't recognize that it should have been focusing on the person in the corner of the frame instead of the person near the center of the frame. I'll probably spend more time on the Kodak SLR, KonicaMinolta, and A mount "old school" forums when it gets to that.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Kodak DCS460 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow