***Mini Challenge #577*** Where shall we go this year?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 6,710
***Mini Challenge #577*** Where shall we go this year?

This Mini-Challenge #577 begins now and ends Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM GMT.

It's holiday planning time, possibly even a bit late for the best places, so I'm looking for photographic recommendations for our holidays this year, places you loved and would endorse as great holiday destinations.

Pat and I are not winter holiday people, preferring to get away twice each year in June and September, but that shouldn't preclude really enthusiastic suggestions for the winter months.

Written reasons for your recommendations will carry a lot of weight when I judge the results, so let me know why you've put up this or that venue or tour.

1. Submit a maximum of 3 Entries to win and/or as many Exhibits as you wish - but no more than ten images per post, in accord with official DPReview policy.

2. Photos must have been taken by you but can be from any camera, including smartphones, and can be as recent or as old as you like.

3. Please state in the header of your post, whether your images they are an "Entry" or an "Exhibit". Non-labelled submissions will be assumed to be Exhibits.

4. Please try to post all images using the "Reply to thread" button below this first post. This makes collating the entries and exhibits much easier, but images sometimes need to be posted in comments when sub-threads develop, to keep the sense of the conversation going, so I will hunt right through the posts looking for valid images.

6. At the end of this challenge, I will announce First, Second and Third places from the Entries in a separate RESULTS thread, and I may select some other submissions, entries or exhibits, for Honourable Mentions.

Grand Prize: The First Place winner becomes the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to notify their willingness to take on the job and begin it. The winner can respond to the challenge setter with a forum post or PM. If that individual doesn't respond in 3 days, or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

Samples.

An evening concert of Dordogne folk music and country dancing in the market square at Brantome. What's not to recommend about warm summer evenings in south-western France?

One of the canals in Bruges, Belgium - who cares about stormy weather in as fascinating a place as Bruges? - absolutely steeped in history and visually stunning: a photographer's delight

One from the UK, the wonderful railway museum at York, and Mallard the fastest steam train of all time - July 3, 1938, Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK - 126mph.

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow