Fujifilm's Perfect Lens

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
tjinsd
tjinsd Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: Fujifilm's Perfect Lens

dccberry wrote:

I agree about the optical quality. I just never bonded with the focal length. Too long for most portrait work, too short for some of the editorial images I make. I wound up selling it and going for the 50-140, which is far more useful for me, and optically very nice.

What are your thoughts on a potential 70mm being in the works?  I know I haven't seen too many people predict that as one of the three unannounced lenses in the works, but I find it intriguing.  I have a 35 Mitakon and 50 Kaman... both of which I love... and an 85mm Viltrox, which I find a bit long, especially indoors.  I would certainly be interested in a 70mm...

As it is, I'm stuck in a holding pattern.  I would have bought the 56mm already, but for the 50mm 1.0 that's coming.  And want a 23mm 1.4, but am afraid a mk ii is coming.  I wish we had a road map.

tjinsd's gear list:tjinsd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Kamlan 50mm F1.1 II +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow