About a year in - need help

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hopeful_Beginner New Member • Posts: 21
About a year in - need help

Hi everyone!

I'll start off by saying, I'm sorry for adding to one of the innumerable 'critique my beginner's photography' posts. However, I have been using my DSLR for the past year and I don't see enough improvement, and so I think I may need some help.

My main goal for my photography is to one day be able to take stunning, full body portraits that highlight the garments I sell in my shop. I am working with a small space, a limited budget, and a Nikon D3200 (so, not pro camera).

I have just recently caved in and bought a monolight (this one ) and see instant improvements but I know there is still much, much room for improvement.

I am attaching 2 photos I have taken since I bought the aforementioned monolight: one cropped and edited for publishing on my website, and the other, a photo taken without any bells and whistles, no editing, straight from my camera (and yes, I know the subject is a big problem I just wanted to play with different lighting schemes).

monolight is on my right side at 9 o clock - my two continuous lights are switched to the left side at same height as other photo

monolight is on my left side at a 45 degree angle pointing slightly down, and about 63" off the ground, and about 1.5 metres away (tip of umbrella visible at top right corner)

Any and all help, links to products, and tips appreciated !

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow