Sony video workflow: How to handle separate .XMP files?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ray X New Member • Posts: 1
Sony video workflow: How to handle separate .XMP files?

I'm new to video and new to the A7Riv. The 4K video files I create end up on the SD card as .MP4 files, with similarly named .XMP files to accompany each one. Do I need to save these, or is the data in these a subset of the info contained in the .MP4s themselves?

Everything I read about video in general says to hold onto all associated files created by the camera, so I would assume the .XMP files are important. However, both methods of cataloging video files I'm interested in -- Lightroom and Kyno -- entirely ignore these files when I import.

I'm not entirely sure how I ended up with the .XMP files anyway -- is there a setting somewhere on the A7Riv to make sure that data is included in the .MP4 itself, or as a sidecar, instead of as a separate file?

I use Lightroom for my photos, but want to get more into hybrid shooting. So it sure would be nice if I could have a single importing method for both videos and photos. But even Kyno seems to ignore the .XMPs.

I haven't seen any video workflow examples that address this issue.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow