Has anyone gone thru selling/giving away equipment?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raymond Cho Senior Member • Posts: 1,995
Has anyone gone thru selling/giving away equipment?

Just a thought.  Do you guys use everything that you have frequently and have you had the thought or have actually gone thru the process of selling or gifting some stuff away?

For myself, I have sold a pre-owned 2nd Nikon D70 and the 18-70mm kit lens more than I got for it.  I've sold a newly bought 18-200mm and took a big hit.  I bought a new Nikon 80-200mm F2.8D with the collar twist version and broke even.  I bought a used Nikon D2h cos I thought the pro sport cameras were simply awesome, found out I really didn't shoot action and sold that out and just did a bit better than breaking even.

However I bought a Nikon 80-200mm AF-D F4.5-5.6 which Galen Rowell liked. I sold it.  I bought it again and now it's not worth a lot.  I also still have my first newly bought D70 and a Sigma 10-20mm and the Nikon 35mm F1.8 DX which sadly are not worth much either.  The thought about that when dSLRs are gone and I could get a fantastic newer DX body might be a great excuse to reason with myself but I might be fooling myself.

Cheers.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +13 more
Nikon D2H Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow