Wireless flash with A9, HVL-43M and HVL-32M -- suppress on-camera controller flash?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rachael P
Rachael P Contributing Member • Posts: 687
Wireless flash with A9, HVL-43M and HVL-32M -- suppress on-camera controller flash?

I have just bought an HVL-43M flash unit to complement the HVL-32M I had already, and in the hope I could use it as a controller. At a first test session, that all seems to work straightforwardly.

One thing I had hoped to be able to do was also to use the HVL-43M as a pure controller, with its flash completely suppressed and relying completely on the off-camera HVL-32M. But I can't work out how to do that. Reading the manual, and the information on the web at https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/support/acc/flash/en/wireless/practice.html it seems it ought to be possible.

I can use the ratio setting to set that to 1, and the external flash to 16 -- is that the closest I can come? Any help welcomed.

Thanks.

Rachael P's gear list:Rachael P's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a9 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +7 more
ANSWER:
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow