Pros and cons choosing first lens for A7 III

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
estebanquito New Member • Posts: 1
Pros and cons choosing first lens for A7 III

Hello all,

I'm about to get a A7 III, that's mostly decided due to budget and availability (a7R III is nice but I won't be printing big and I rather use my money on lens).

So far I'm between SEL90M28G and SEL55F18Z. Locally they cost about the same.

Price is about the same.

I had SEL55F18Z before and I loved it. It's small/light and a great performer. The only weak point was no macro.

Doing some research I came across SEL90M28G which seems to be quite good too... Maybe a little too big? From the rest it does look quite similar to the 55mm minus the wide open aperture... irl I used f1.8 very little...

Reading here some people seem to like SEL24105G as the "all in one" lens for this line. It does have a good enough magnification and it covers a wide range of focal lenghts... Still I'm not sure..

I'm sort of a hobbyist, would appreciate being able to explore macro photography... Will the macro lens limit me too much on the rest? (landscapes is the least concern, I'm ok with a phone for that)

All feedback/ideas/points to take into consideration are greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!!

Sony a7 III Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow