SONY RX10 IV focus settings (too many!) I need help

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AP Hovasse New Member • Posts: 14
SONY RX10 IV focus settings (too many!) I need help

I love my RX10 iv and have been photographing the hundreds of eagles which gather near us at this time of the year. I practically bought this camera for this particular event. Right now I'm trying to capture them chasing each other in the air, which they love to do and do it spectacularly well. So, I know this camera focus glitches from time to time, but I just turn it on and off and it resumes. But really, I'm treading water as to the best possible focus combination to use to get them sharp. Should I use C continuous or A, how about the center target? is there anyone who really understands all the combinations and can recommend one or two for my purposes? It's all  handheld and I use 1/1000 sec on S and auto ISO. Today there has been plenty of light and I also over expose just a bit because I'm shooting into the sky.

AP Hovasse's gear list:AP Hovasse's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony RX10 II Sony RX100 VII Sony a7R II
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow