Need some help re a new lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,640
Need some help re a new lens

I use a G9, I made the mistake recently of buying an Oly 75 1.8 lens for it, when I say I made a mistake I mean it bought the image quality right up to where I like it, it is a superb lens and the 1.8 is lovely to have.

Anyway, I have plenty of other lenses to cover the wider view 12-60 PL, 8-18PL42.5 etc etc. What I would like is a longer prime lens of maybe 100-150mm that doesn`t cost a fortune or break my back to carry but there isn`t a lens like the 75 Oly that I can see of the longer focal length.

I have a mk1 pana 14-140 which aint bad but not on par with the oly obviously being a zoom.

What is the 35-100 2.8 Pana lens like? could it compete with the 12-60PL? or what about the 14-150 Oly?, I know the Oly is only f4 but it would give me 300mm on the long end. IQ is the important thing for me.

I did try the PL200m but it was too heavy and too long for most things, I have the PL 100-400 which is a great lens but too heavy for general carry around, I use it mainly for shooting the moon or birds around the garden or maybe the local lakes.

So the choice seems to be between the Oly14-150 or the pana 35-100 but remember IQ is important to me, as important as getting the image.

Thanks for any help or advice

Dave

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +17 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow