Flash system for both mFT system and L-Mounted system

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cf782 Contributing Member • Posts: 791
Flash system for both mFT system and L-Mounted system

I have an old Olympus FL-50 from my FT system. It does not have the remote control capability, so recently I bought an Olympus FL-900R, mainly for remote flash purpose, like shooting insects. Its optical remote control system functions, together with an FL-LM3 Flash attached to the of my E-M1.2 body.

I planned to use the same flash combo for Panasonic S1R system. However, the FL-LM3 Flash does not work with the hot shoe on S1R body to acts as a master commander for optical wireless slave systems using groups and channels.

After a careful examination, it was found that unlike other old flashes from Olympus, a small plastic lip was added to the front of the FL-LM3 hot shoe. It works well with a body like E-M1.2, but this extended lip preventing the FL-LM3 to lock into right position on the S1R body. It might work with S1R by filing or sanding away this extended lip on FL-LM3. But without knowing why Olympus and Panasonic designed so, I did not dare to modify the FL-LM3 to be used for S1R, but decided to buy a Godox V860IIO Flash and Godox X2 2.4 GHz TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for both my mFT system and Panasonic S1R. The Godox costs much less than Olympus FL-900R. It comes with a built-In 2.4 GHz X Wireless Radio System, which is a preferred remote control system than the optical system being used on Olympus FL-900R.

What flash do you use for your mFT system?

cf782's gear list:cf782's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +9 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow